Today, Thursday, June 15, 2023, the Phivolcs detected a 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Calatagan, Batangas.
The earthquake struck Batangas. It had a magnitude of 6.3, according to the agency.
The earthquake that struck a part of Batangas was centered at 13.77°North, 120.51°East – 015 km South 64° West of Calatagan, according to Phivolcs. It had a focus depth of 119 kilometers.
According to Phivolcs’ statement, no damage from the quake or aftershocks is expected. In these places, the following intensities were measured:
- Intensity I
- San Jose Del Monte City, Bulacan
- Intensity II
- Caloocan City; San Juan City; Muntinlupa City; San Fernando City, La Union
- Alaminos City, and Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Santa Maria, Bulacan
- Bamban, Tarlac
- Intensity III
- Las Piñas City; Makati City; Marikina City; Parañaque City; Pasig City; Obando, Bulacan
- Laurel, Batangas; Bacoor City, and Imus City, Cavite
- San Pablo City, and City of San Pedro, Laguna
- San Mateo, Rizal
- Intensity IV
- Manila City; Mandaluyong City; Quezon City; Valenzuela City; Malolos City, Bulacan
- Batangas City, Ibaan, Lemery, Nasugbu, and Talisay, Batangas
- Dasmariñas City, and Tagaytay, Cavite
- Tanay, Rizal