President Rodrigo Duterte, releases official statement about the opening of classes that he will not allow it without the vaccine against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
In a televised address late evening on Monday, the President said he don’t want to see crowded students inside the classroom not safe against the coronavirus because there is no available yet of the vaccine.
“Mga bata, ‘wag muna. ‘Yang opening ng classes, that’s a, I will not allow the opening of classes na magdikit dikit ‘yang mga bata. Bahala na hindi na makatapos,”
“For this generation, wala nang makatapos na doktor pati engineer. Kasi hindi na, wala nang aral. Laro na lang. Unless I am sure that they are really safe.” Duterte said.
As for him, talking about the class opening is useless without the vaccine.
Para sa akin, bakuna muna. Pag nandyan ang bakuna, okay na, he added.
However, the Department of Education (DepEd) has issued statement earlier that opening of classes this school year 2020-2021 will be on August 24 for the walk in classroom encounter and for the online class.
Meanwhile, Malacañang Palace said that for the colleges and universities that will be using online education can open anytime starting the month of June but for the face-to-face classes inside the four corner of instruction can open not earlier than September 1.
Here is the President’s official statement during his televised addressed: