The government sent home over 7,400 stranded overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to their home provinces on the second day of the one-week deadline imposed on them by President Rodrigo Duterte.
Hans Cacdac, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) administrator, said on Wednesday that there are 4,576 OFWs that were assisted by the government just on Tuesday. That brings the total number of OFWs sent home to 7,459.
“We are pretty much on track to meet the target set by the President with 7,459 in the first two days and five more days to go,” Cacdac said in an interview over ABS-CBN News Channel.
Cacdac also made sure that all OFWs that was sent home have complied with the health protocols set by DOH and have been cleared of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and are “COVID-free.”
So far, the government has utilized 103 bus units and 40 charter flights in transporting the OFWs.
While starting on Wednesday night, passenger ships will be sent home the OFWs, he added.
Meanwhile, OWWA, along with the Department of Labor and Employment, and the Department of Health (DOH) was ordered by President Duterte to send home some 24,000 OFWs who are waiting for their coronavirus test results in various quarantine facilities.
What can you say about this? Share it below.