As the entire Luzon is under an enhanced community quarantine and the President had approved that it will be extended until April 30, the country’s political and economic center struggles with the new coronavirus outbreak. However, the Visayas and Mindanao don’t need to put under lockdown, Malacañang said on Tuesday.
The presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that some local chief executives in the Visayas and Mindanao had already placed their respective jurisdictions under quarantine that will prevent the entry spread of the new coronavirus.
During a virtual press briefing, Panelo said, “Sa ngayon po makikita natin kahit na ‘yung Visayas hindi masyado naapektuhan sapagkat ‘yung mga gobernador doon, mga mayors nagkaroon sila ng mga sariling lockdown that early nung wala pang infected nagla-lockdown na sila kaya walang nakakapasok na meron.”
“Sa madaling sabi ‘yung Visayas at sa Mindanao depende po sa sitwasyon. (Pero) sa ngayon sa tingin natin ay hindi kailangan.”
The task force said that they will be going to monitor the regions day by day and week by week, however, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said that the expansion of the Luzon’s lockdown will be off the table for the Visayas and Mindanao.
The provincial and town executives from other parts of the country have also made out similar measures in their jurisdictions such as in Cebu City, Davao City, and the provinces of Albay, Bulacan, Pangasinan, Misamis Oriental, Tarlac, Laguna among others.
Earlier on the report, the Philippines has reported 3,660 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with the majority in Luzon while 163 patients have died and 73 have recovered nationwide.
What can you say about this? Share your thoughts in the discussion box below.