Shopping malls outside the under lockdown areas are allowed to reopen starting May 1 but with the following limitations.
President Duterte declared during his address of the nation on April 24 that he will make another approach the General Community Quarantine which is just a notch lower than enhanced community quarantine to contain the spread of coronavirus disease in the country. This will be implemented in the provinces and cities with a low risk of COVID-19.
Starting on May 1, shopping malls of those areas ‘outside’ of where COVID-19 was still at a high number are allowed to reopen. However, this comes with limitations that will be set, even after the ECQ will be lifted to some parts of the country that are still fighting against the COVID-19.
This includes the re-opening and re-operation of some establishments. Except, schools, leisure, amusement, gaming and fitness, tourism, and churches – all of which gather huge crowd – are not yet allowed to open. Mass transportation will also resume in a limited capacity and restaurants will open again strictly for takeout and delivery services only.
Here are the rules and regulations that malls should adhere for re-opening, based on the ABS-CBN report:
- malls in areas under general community quarantine only are allowed to reopen
- supermarkets, drugstores, banks, laundry service, restaurants, and hardware stores are the shop allowed to operate again
- employees should be provided with mask and gloves for safety purposes
- there will be no free wifi
- 26 degrees Celsius air-conditioning
- visitors must be between 21 to 59 only and they must not look sickly
- mall goers are required to use a face mask and apply hand sanitizers
- store owners must meet “minimum health standards.
Moreover, as of today April 24, 2020, 4 PM, the Department of Health reports 211 new cases (PH6982-PH7192) of COVID-19. The total number of cases in the country is now at 7,192. DOH also announces 40 new recoveries. This brings the total number of recoveries to 762.
What can you say about this? Share it in the discussion box below.