Dr. Grace Tan, spokesperson of the City’s Interagency Task Force Against COVID-19 stated that the first Covid-positive patient in Bacolod City, a 56-year-old male with travel history to the United Kingdom, has tested negative on follow up testing and is recovering, Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in Bacolod City.
As of (March 29, 2020) update for BACOLOD City: PUMs (accounted and monitored): 1970, PUMs to PUIs (with mild symptoms): 5, Lost to follow up: 25, On continued home quarantine: 1215, and the completed home quarantine: 725.
Here is the summary of confirmed cases:
- BCD_CC#1: 56 yr old male, travel history to the UK, recovered, repeat test Negative
- BCD_CC#2: 75yr old, male, travel history to Manila, recovered
- BCD_CC#3: 40 yr old male, hypertensive, travel history to Manila, critical
- BCD_CC#4: 28yr old, male, (+) exposure to confirmed case #1, recovered, awaiting 2nd test result
- BCD_CC#5: 28 yr old, male, travel history to the USA, recovered
Covid cases do not stay positive long, symptoms disappear and patients RECOVER, clinically. As per DOH Dept Memo 2020-0108, those discharged clinically well will still have to continue another 14 days strict home quarantine, then a repeat swab is taken after 14 days.
DOH recorded COVID-19 has infected 1075 people in the Philippines, with 68 death and 35 recovered.
Share your thoughts and comment in the discussion box below.