The online world is getting excited following after the announcement of the official result of the top grossing films of the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2017-2018 since the opening day. Henceforth, speculation continues rising to its level to which of the official entries rank the top on the festival of Filipino movies causing everyone’s speculation for the highest-grossing entry remain unpredictable so far until the festival ended on January 7.
Previously, MMFF spokesperson, Noel Ferrer said that no one among the organizers of the fest will reveal the real score of individual entry and its total gross figure ever since the opening day until the film fest ends.
Ferrer also added that any film producers will reveal its box office figures will be prohibited and be subjected to proper investigation, when caught and proven, the said producer guilty of reveling its figure will be banned from joining the MMFF the next year festival.
Recently, the awards night for the 43rd MMFF 2017 took place on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at the Kia Theater, from then, organizers officially announced the winners.
This year’s MMFF Gabi ng Parangal 2017, the movie “Ang Larawan” won the “Best Picture” with Joanna Ampil as Best Actress of the same movie. The Best Actor Award goes to Derek Ramsay for the movie “All of You” while the Best Director Award goes to Paul Soriano for the movie “Siargao”.
Take notice from the update below, you will find here the difference compare the last year’s fest for there are more commercially viable films dominating produced by independent movies. Read it here from the lists:
- Best Picture: Ang Larawan
- 2nd Best Picture: Siargao
- 3rd Best Picture: All of You
- Gatpuno Antonio J. Villegas Cultural Award: Ang Larawan
- Fernando Poe Jr. Memorial Award: Ang Panday
- Best Director: Paul Soriano, Siargao
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Derek Ramsay, All of You
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Joanna Ampil, Ang Larawan
- Special Jury Prize: Nick Joaquin and Coco Martin
- Full-Length Film – People’s Choice Award: Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad
- Best Screenplay: All of You
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Edgar Allan Guzman for Deadma Walking
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Jasmine Curtis-Smith for Siargao
- Best Child Performer: Baby Baste for Meant to Beh
- Best Cinematography: Siargao
- Best Sound: Siargao
- Best Theme Song: “Alon” by Hale for Siargao
- Best Editing: Siargao
- Best Visual Effects: Ang Panday
- Best Musical Score: Ang Larawan
- Best Production Design: Ang Larawan
- Best Float: Deadma Walking
- Children’s Choice Award: And Panday
- Star of the Night (Male): Derek Ramsay
- Star of the Night (Female): Erich Gonzales
- Short Film – People’s Choice Award: Noel
- Short Film – Best Picture: Anong Nangyari kay Nicanor Dante?
The Attracttour.com team will be bringing some update to this page, Bookmark or LIKE us in Facebook for easy access of the updates.