Tropical Depression “Pepito” Slightly Intensifies as it moves West Nortwestward. “PEPITO” will move west northwestward or northwestward today, then will turn westward tomorrow towards the Northern-Central Luzon area. It may emerge over the West Philippine Sea on Wednesday morning.
At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “PEPITO” was estimated based on all available data at 410 km East of Virac, Catanduanes(13.7°N, 128.0°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h. Movement Moving West Northwestward at 20 km/h.
PAGASA Forecast Updates:
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow afternoon): 125 km East of Casiguran, Aurora (16.1°N, 123.3°E)
• 48 Hour (Wednesday afternoon):235 km West Northwest of Dagupan City, Pangasinan (16.5°N, 118.2°E)
• 72 Hour (Thursday afternoon): 445 km West of Dagupan City, Pangasinan (OUTSIDE PAR) (16.7°N, 116.2°E)
• 96 Hour (Friday afternoon):630 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR) (17.1°N, 114.5°E)
• 120 Hour (Saturday afternoon):965 km West of Northern Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (17.4°N, 111.3°E)