≡ Menu ≡ Menu

Bataan: 3rd Confirm Patient Tested Positive to COVID-19

A resident in Orion, Bataan was tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19), which makes the rising number of confirmed cases in the city to three, as of the local officials.

The city mayor, Mayor Antonio Raymundo said on Monday that a new fatality is a man in his 30s, he had been in close contact with the province’s second confirmed case which is a 24-year-old male patient.

Raymundo said that starting Tuesday, a 24-hour curfew would be imposed. And the town would be placed on lockdown.

Raymondo said that home quarantine would be strictly implemented among the city households, however, farmers and fishermen would be given a special pass to allow them to continue with their livelihoods.

The Bataan Mayor said that food packs would also be distributed in all villages in the city.

On Tuesday morning, the number of persons that are infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the Philippines has climbed to 501, as of the Department of Health (DOH).

DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said, out of the 501 cases, 33 have died while 19 have recovered.

What can you say about this article? Share your thoughts and comments in the discussion box below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.