The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) and NDRRMC announce a 5.5 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Jomalig (Quezon) on Thursday, November 7, 2019, around 4:52:56 AM.
The location is 14.98°N, 122.65°E – 042 km N 46° E of Jomalig, Quezon and the Depth of Focus (KM) is 007 with the Origin “Tectonic.”
- The strong quake was felt at Intensity IV in Guinayangan, Quezon;
- Intensity II in Marikina City, Navotas City, Quezon City;
- and Intensity I in Muntinlupa City.
- Instrumental Intensities:
- Intensity IV – Guinayangan, Quezon; Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte
- Intensity III – Pili, Camarines Sur; Mauban, Lopez and Mulanay, Quezon
- Intensity II – Marikina City; Malolos City; Gumaca and Dolores, Quezon; Baler, Aurora
- Intensity I – Iriga City; Malabon City; San Juan City; Quezon City; Pasig City; Guagua, Pampanga; Talisay, Batangas; Palayan City.
PHIVOLCS is the service institute of the DOST for monitoring and mitigation of volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and tsunami.
According to Phivolcs, “We cannot predict when or where an earthquake will happen. There is no reliable technology in the world that can confidently predict the date, time and location of large earthquakes. Please avoid sharing any messages that could cause panic and fear.”
Share your thoughts and comment in discussion box below.