Top Trending Topic online! The Local Government Units (LGUs) announced class suspension in the following areas on Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015 and Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015 due to the effects of Typhoon Nona (international name: Melor) Passes through several provinces of Luzon and Visayas.
Region III (Central Luzon)
- Bataan province – preschool and kindergarten
- Angeles, Pampanga – preschool to elementary
- San Fernando, Pampanga – preschool to elementary
- Calumpit, Bulacan – preschool to elementary
National Capital Region
- Quezon City – preschool
Region IV-A (Calabarzon)
- Quezon province – pre-school to high school (Dec. 15)
- Cavite – all levels (Dec. 15)
- Batangas -all levels (Dec. 15)
Region IV-B (Mimaropa)
- Oriental Mindoro – all levels until Wed., Dec. 16
Region V (Bicol Region)
- Masbate – all levels (Dec. 15)
- Catanduanes – pre-school to high school (Dec. 15)
Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)
- Catbalogan – all levels (Dec. 15)
Public Storm Signal No. 3 is now up over:
- Masbate, including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- Southern Quezon
- Northern Samar
Classes at all levels in areas under Signal No. 3 are automatically suspended.
Storm Signal No. 2 is up in:
- The rest of Quezon, including Polillo Island
- Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro, including Lubang Island
- Eastern Samar
Classes at the pre-school, elementary, and high school levels are automatically suspended in areas under Signal No. 2.
Flash floods and landslides are expected over the areas under signals No. 2 and 3, while storm surges of up to 3 meters are possible.
Storm Signal No. 1 is hoisted over:
- Metro Manila
- Southern Zambales
- Southern Aurora
- Northern Cebu, including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- Northern Antique
- Northern Negros Occidental
- Northern Iloilo
Public Storm Warning Signal No. 1 (30-60kph Expected in 36 hrs.)
LUZON: Metro Manila, Bulacan, Bataan, Pampanga, Southern Zambales, Southern Aurora and Coron
VISAYAS: Leyte, Northern Cebu including Bantayan and Camotes Islands, Aklan, Capiz, Northern Antique, Northern Negros Occidental and Northern Iloilo.
For more updates, please follow us on Twitter and by linking us on Facebook.