The 49th edition of the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) is set to bring an abundance of cinematic treats, as it revealed a remarkable lineup of ten entries for this year’s festivities. This announcement has heightened anticipation for the 2023 MMFF, offering a diverse selection of films to cater to the varied tastes of moviegoers.
Scheduled to kick off on Christmas Day, December 25, 2023, the MMFF will continue to entertain and captivate audiences until January 7, 2024. As the holiday season approaches, this cinematic celebration promises to be a delightful way for viewers to enjoy quality films during the festive period, making it a significant date on the calendar for both film enthusiasts and the general public alike.
- FIREFLY (GMA Pictures and GMA Public Affairs) — Starring Alessandra De Rossi and introducing Kapuso child actor Euwenn Mikaell. Also starring Miguel Tanfelix, Ysabel Ortega, Cherry Pie Picache, Epy Quizon, Yayo Aguila, Max Collins, Kokoy De Santos. With the special participation of Dingdong Dantes. Written by Angeli Atienza, directed by Zig Dulay
- GOMBURZA (Jesuit Communications Foundation) — Dante Rivero, Cedrick Juan, and Enchong Dee, with the special participation of Piolo Pascual, written by Rodolfo Vera and Pepe Diokno, directed by Pepe Diokno
- WHEN I MET YOU IN TOKYO (JG Productions) — Vilma Santos, Christopher De Leon, Tirso Cruz III, with Darren Espanto and Cassy Legaspi, directed by Rado Peru and Rommel Penesa
- MALLARI (Mentorque Productions) — Piolo Pascual, Janella Salvador, Elisse Joson and Ms. Gloria Diaz, written by Enrico Santos, directed by Derick Cabrido
- BECKY AND BADETTE (The IdeaFirst Company) — Eugene Domingo and Pokwang, written and directed by Jun Robles Lana
- BROKEN HEARTS TRIP (Smart Films, OPC in cooperation with BMC Films) — Christian Bables, Teejay Marquez, Andoy Ranay, Iyah Mina, Marvin Yap, and Petite, story by Lex Bonife, written by Archie Del Mundo, directed by Lemuel Lorca
Sila ang masusuwerting makakasama sa FIRST FOUR (na pasok na) –
- REWIND (Star Cinema, APT Entertainment, Agostodos Pictures) — Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera, directed by Mae Cruz Alviar
- FAMILY OF TWO (A MOTHER AND SON’S STORY) (Cineko Productions) — Sharon Cuneta and Alden Richards, written by Mel Del Rosario, directed by Nuel Naval
- (K)AMPON (Quantum Films) — Derek Ramsay and Beauty Gonzales, directed by King Palisoc
- PENDUKO (Sari-Sari Network, Viva Films) — Matteo Guidicelli and Kylie Versoza, written and directed by Jason Paul Laxamana