Our health condition is threatened by the news we heard about coronavirus that reportedly spreading in different countries from Wuhan China.
Our social media doctors Dr. Willie Ong and wife Dr. Liza Ong shares insightful ideas how to combat against the dangerous coronavirus.
In this video, our doctors discuss some important details how to prepare ourselves to fight against viral infection like this coronavirus that threatens us today.
What is Coronavirus?
According to the medical expert, coronavirus or Common human coronaviruses, including types 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1, usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold. Most people get infected with these viruses at some point in their lives. These illnesses usually only last for a short amount of time.
Coronavirus started in Wuhan, China and initially understood as mysterious disease until one Scientist Leo Poon decoded it. Coronavirus is considered similar to SARS virus that has been already infected many people and is said one of the deadliest virus in the world.
Coronavirus originated from the animal and transmit to human which also the same virus to transmit to another human.
Although, there is no proven record how this virus can compare to MERS and SARS but experts said this will change as the outbreak develops from time-to-time. Symptoms of coronavirus includes sickness from moderate upper respiratory tract illness, similar to a common cold such as runny nose, sore throat, cough, possibly a headache and maybe a fever and it can last for a couple of days.
Dr. Willie Ong and Dr. Liza Ong tips are the following:
- Cover when sneezing or coughing with tissue and throw away immediately right after.
- Use alcohol and wash hands regularly.
- How to do the right hand washing: (1) palm to palm, (2) back of hands, (3) in between fingers, (4) fingertips, (5) thumb and wrists, and (6) fingernails.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, avoid people in order not to spread virus and visit doctor right away.
- Wear mask but using the usual ordinary mask is not enough. Use the N95 masks instead.
- Strengthen body through observing a healthy lifestyle and healthy diet to obtain the right nutrients.
- Well-rested and long sleep also helps strengthen the body.
Like us in Facebook and share this page to your love ones and friends for healthy concern.