Squash or “Cucurbita Maxima Duchesne” known as (Kalabasa) in Filipino is one of the most common native vegetable that gives a lot of health benefits. Sad but true that despite of its goodness there’s a lot of people don’t like to eat Kalabasa especially children even if Kalabasa has a great taste.
This article can help you how to make alternative way serving Kalabasa to your children that they cannot refuse once you serve it. Knowing that Kalabasa is great source of protein, minerals and vitamins like vitamin A & B that helps maintain healthy skin, make your hair shiny and develops your children’s bone stronger.
Kalabasa has a lot of good idea in making it delicious such as stewing it with coconut milk, squash maja blanca, or you can make it a tasty pie. This one is quite something great and unique; we have here this new menu for Ice Cream Squash.
Find out here the menu how to start squash ice cream. Just simply click video here below:
- 1 kilo Kalabasa
- 370 ml milk
- 250 ml all-purpose cream
- 1 or 1 ½ cup sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mini marshmallow (topping), optional
- Steam kalabasa (squash) for 7 minutes or until its tender.
- Mash the kalabasa using a blender ( if you don’t have a blender just use fork and mash it manually) together with the milk and sugar.
- Pour the kalabasa mixture in a bowl. Add vanilla extract mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream until it forms a stiff peak,
- Add the whipped cream into the kalabasa mixture then cut through the mixture with a spatula until combined.
- Place the kalabasa mixture in a container of your choice. Then cover. Freeze until firm.
- After freezing half hour, using a fork scrape to break large chunks of ice. Then freeze again for 30 minutes. Then stir again to break the ice crystal.
- Freeze again for 15 minutes to set and it’s ready. You can put toppings of your choice if you want.